FleishmanHillard Senior Designer (VOX), Washington, D.C. in VOX Global Washington, D.C., District Of Columbia
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a senior designer to bring client stories to life through fresh and inspiring visual design. This individual will collaborate with creative directors, digital strategists and web developers to concept and produce a broad range of design across digital and print – everything from websites and social media graphics to reports and presentations.
The ideal person for this role is well versed in web, UI and graphic design, with experience working closely with developers to launch new sites and with content managers to continually improve existing sites. When not designing new digital experiences, you'll support our client teams through well-designed communications materials. We believe that good design is good business, and provide a full spectrum of design support for our clients: everything from designing logos to producing presentations, memos and annual reports.
This candidate is enthusiastic about experimentation, collaboration and learning new technologies. They are also a proactive communicator who is professional and capable under deadlines and client pressure.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
This Person will:
- Contribute to a range of visual design work with a focus on web design and digital communications (including digital advertising and social media).
- Create mood boards, site maps, wire frames and other visualizations and present ideas to internal teams and clients.
- Stay up to date on digital design and UI & UX techniques to determine the best way to produce projects.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to share new perspectives and ideas.
- Serve as a liaison with project managers, developers, print vendors, designers and other team members to keep projects running smoothly.
- Work with client teams to understand project scope and objectives and collaborate on budget and timeline estimates.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Expertise with web design tools: Sketch, InVision
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred (i.e. Multimedia, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Communications).
- An understanding of responsive design principles.
- Strong grasp of the web development process, and agile methodology (experience with JIRA) a plus.
- Basic knowledge of front-end web development is useful including HTML and CSS.
- Experience in working with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Digital experience at a public affairs agency, political campaign, public relations firm, advertising agency, interactive/web agency, or consultancy is a plus.
- Interest in and awareness of American political processes, structures and events is a plus.
The right candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as within larger team environments on complex projects.
- Have the ability to problem solve and self-teach new technologies.
- Enjoy mentoring and be ready to help shape the future of VOX Global’s digital practice group.
If this description is an accurate representation of your arsenal of skills, please send us the following:
- A link to your portfolio.
- A cover letter.
- Your resume.
About VOX Global
VOX Global is a strategic communications firm that combines decades of experience with the private sector, government, political and nonprofit organizations to create customized programs that raise awareness, influence public opinion and move people to action.
Our strategic approach combines our deep understanding of public perception, influence, stakeholder engagement, media and research to help achieve our clients’ goals. For each project, we build a specialized team that will effectively tell our clients’ stories to the audiences they care about most.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, VOX’s 60+ professionals work in Sacramento, Dallas, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Boston and Nashville. VOX also boasts a national, bipartisan network of more than 400 political and public affairs professionals. Visit us at http://voxglobal.com/
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.