FleishmanHillard Senior Copywriter, St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri
Global Marketing and Business Development Team Overview
FleishmanHillard’s marketing and global business development function is being enhanced with the introduction of a dedicated organization comprised of talent focused on helping raise our profile and improve our effectiveness in the pursuit and conversion of new business. The success of the team relies on the caliber of talent and resources we are investing in, the culture and processes we are committed to continually evolve, and the close partnership that the function must have with our leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom.
Marketing the agency and helping secure new business is a critical function of our business and will be an important contributor to growth. It requires we:
- Be rigorous in our approach to produce stronger, high-value wins
- Drive strong agency-wide alignment, collaboration, adoption of world-class practices
- Approach every opportunity as one agency opportunity
- Align around a universal, systematic process – the FH Way
- Promote and behave as a culture of hunters (focused on relationship-building, proactivity and salesmanship)
- Recognize and reward exceptional contributors to new business success
To achieve these ambitions, we are introducing a dedicated global marketing and new business organization whose role will be to:
- Drive rigor, consistent systems and processes, and a culture of proactivity and salesmanship in how we approach new business
- Partner closely with agency leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom to impact our performance on high-value and strategic opportunities
- Arm our agency talent with the best tools and resources
It’s not that we enjoy jumping out of planes. It’s just that big wins don’t happen without taking a few risks. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client.
We don’t have a one size fits all formula for success; we don’t reach into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and true.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, new ways of working, new ways of continually winning!
This role is to be a part of a team that is redefining what PR ideas can be and do. It requires someone who is idea obsessed, not channel focused. Someone who can be a lead in developing conceptual ideas that lead culture, are built on insights and human truths and will ultimately transform the way our audience(s) believe, think, feel and do. This is for someone who is stoked by challenges, fearlessly pushing to create something new. Someone who can inspire the firm to think about our opportunities as possibilities to break the perceptions there may be about PR agencies generally, and FleishmanHillard specifically.
This role requires people who describe themselves as an early adopter, a self-starter, a beta tester. The talented team member in this role is an experienced, energetic marketing professional with good instincts, an adventurous spirit, and proven experience driving effective results. This individual demonstrates a passion for marketing and new business, and will work collaboratively with the team to grow our world-class portfolio of clients in technology, financial and professional services, consumer products and services, healthcare, food and beverage, energy, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. We need someone who is a relentless challenger, but who leaves their ego at the door. Who pushes us to excellence in our creative product.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Help lead the discovery of the FleishmanHillard POV in the evolving communications landscape, ideating around how we can best serve our clients
- Up-level responses to RFI and RFP briefs to invigorate ideas and approaches
- Create bold, inspiring copy and content that builds across channels including the relaunch of the agency website, award submissions, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Drive an entrepreneurial approach to thought leadership across the agency
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and one-step-ahead of current trends
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of agency objectives and help cultivate the new voice and vision of the agency
- Spark creative ideas and motivate others to approach everything with curiosity
- Provide guidance on all copy generated by colleagues to breathe life and energy into materials
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and think creatively to stay within budget constraints
- Push teams towards fresh, exciting ideas
- 8+ years of experience in professional, commercial writing with 5+ years of experience in a PR agency preferred
- Exceptional record of creating creative copy with a unique POV that moves the needle
- The ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects that result in a true impact
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team and manage time
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques
- Well versed in all forms of social, digital and integrated marketing
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership
- Key Performance Indicators (preliminary KPIs for discussion with candidates) :
- Impact on the overall rise in the quality of our creative writing and work
- Contribute to systematic approach to developing content and materials such as case studies, bios, capabilities, videos, awards, thought leadership, etc.
- Training and development programs or opportunities facilitated or supported concerning new business skills
- Individual contributions to culture, strong team work and a productive, fun and high-energy working environment
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Agency of the Year at the 2017 North American Excellence Awards; 2017 ICCO Network of the Year for the Americas and EMEA; PRWeek’s Best Places to Work 2017; PR News’ Best Places to Work in PR 2016-2017; Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality for 2018; PR Awards Asia 2017 Greater China Agency of the Year; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2018. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has more than 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and specialist agencies in areas including public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.