FleishmanHillard Recruiting and HR Intern (Summer 2018), San Francisco in San Francisco, California
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an Recruiting/HR to join our dynamic west region Talent Development team. The internship is located in San Francisco and provides a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter to work on recruitment and HR-related projects in a fast-paced, professional services environment.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Assist the West Business Partner and West Recruiting lead on a variety of recruitment projects, including candidate sourcing and scheduling, employee engagement programs, learning and development coordination, and general HR support.
- Participate in various parts of the recruitment lifecycle including: developing and executing appropriate candidate sourcing strategies, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting basic phone screens and reference checks.
- Manage and update recruitment database, and post and manage open positions.
- Utilize various social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter to identify local and international candidates in the areas of public relations, digital communications, social media, design, and many more.
- Work on candidate sourcing processes that encourage and support diversity and inclusion.
- Conduct research for various HR and recruiting projects; conduct competitive research when appropriate
Our ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem-solver with strong research, communication, organizational, and analytical skills. In addition we are seeking:
- Strong writing and editing abilities, with a high attention to detail.
- Proven research abilities, with the ability to utilize the internet and various social media sites to find necessary information. Knowledge of Boolean search is a plus.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile on projects.
- Candidates should have a high interest in both Recruiting and Human Resources.
- Deep experience with all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel and Word).
- Recent graduates are preferred.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.