FleishmanHillard Media Relations/ Corporate Communications in Raleigh, North Carolina
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for a Managing Supervisor to join our growing team in the Raleigh office. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for pro-active media relations guru to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on high-level national media relations, with an emphasis on corporate positioning and reputation, executive communications, crisis situations, issues management and employee communications. In this role, this person will be a senior advisor to client executives, including spokesperson training, speech writing, thought leadership and executive media relations. This person will be instrumental in positioning global brands at the forefront of communications thought leadership, including implementing emerging techniques to enhance and protect reputation and managing multi-office teams to position our clients as both attractive workplaces and investments.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- The Managing Supervisor will manage and collaborate with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing media relations, digital, experiential, and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- The candidate will work with senior members of the team to manage and execute integrated communications programs focused on a variety of issues, including reputation management, change management, employee engagement, corporate narrative development, CSR, CEO transitions, values-based communications, thought leadership, culture communications, internal branding, product support mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- The Managing Supervisor will serve as a day-to-day contact for clients, and manage junior team members on program execution.
- In addition to developing and managing budgets and plans and executing day-to-day deliverables, the Managing Supervisor will manage projects and clients, and pursue new business by contributing to proposals and opportunities.
- The Managing Supervisor will also manage requests for ongoing writing, editing and design work in support of employee communications, working closely with FH’s creative services groups.
- Experience creating sophisticated, tailored measurement approaches to show how public relations efforts impact perception.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a strong background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, with a thorough command of best practices in internal communications. Additionally, candidates should have:
- 6 to 8 years of agency experience in developing and implementing media relations programs geared to a variety of audiences, ideally with large, national brands, with an emphasis employee and internal communications.
- Background developing and implementing a variety of employee and internal communications programs, including change management, employee engagement, internal branding, and mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Strong capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results.
- Proven expertise managing projects with multiple work streams, applying situational thinking and utilizing team resources effectively to deliver on program objectives. This should include the ability to manage teams of writers, designers, and subject matter experts.
- A strong understanding of integrating corporate digital communications and social media into programs.
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally.
- Expertise in issues management, including the ability to provide clear counsel and to implement clear messages within an urgent timetable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.