FleishmanHillard Managing Supervisor Healthcare (TogoRun), Washington, D.C. in Washington, District Of Columbia
Position Overview and Responsibilities
TogoRun is an award-winning global integrated communications agency focused on health and well-being and inspired by our core values of Commitment, Courage, Creativity and Craftsmanship. Recently named by PR News as a 2017 Top Place to Work in PR, TogoRun has grown rapidly to a world-class boutique firm with a diverse portfolio of blue-chip accounts – and some nimble smaller start-ups with blue-chip goals that led them to come to TogoRun for help.
We work with medical device and technology companies, insurance companies, pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies and advocacy and non-profit groups. Our growth has been driven by a singular commitment to exemplary client service, backed by award-winning creativity, in-depth healthcare knowledge, cross-spectrum communications expertise, superb business results for our clients, and a culture of passion, hard work, and fun. These tenets, combined with seasoned staff and globally recognized clients, continue to propel TogoRun’s growth and success.
TogoRun believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
TogoRun’s Washington, D.C. office has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor. This position’s core responsibilities will include:
- Serve as client liaison responsible for day-to-day project management and coordination of significant anchor account.
- Serve in a management role to co-develop, present and execute integrated strategic communications plans that support brand marketing, enhance corporate positioning, and drive policy initiatives.
- Provide proactive client counsel and creative recommendations across multiple communications platforms.
- Create connections and facilitate relationships between client and external audiences: third party organizations, healthcare professionals, policymakers, media, online influencers etc.
- Support earned and paid media programs from A to Z to include strategy and execution; demonstrate solid understanding of what makes for a winning news story and how to best “sell” it to reporters.
- Facilitate partnerships with third parties and manage all associated activities, including events, educational opportunities and patient communications.
- Oversee scientific conference communications, to include working with high-profile key opinion leaders to maximize promotion opportunities.
- Support conception and development of high quantity content for a variety of communications platforms, including digital and social.
- Support/manage communications around branded campaign, utilizing surround sound communications strategies and channels to achieve maximum visibility.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships at the senior level and recruit/maintain strong agency account teams.
- Supervise and train junior account staff; provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Oversee extended team members, as well as freelancers/vendors, in an organized way that results in seamless delivery.
- Support account budgeting and planning; manage monthly budget tracking and billing. Also show strong ability to staff accounts appropriately, achieve forecast, and demonstrate fiscal responsibility and efficiencies to maximize client investment.
- Strategize and manage measurement for all account activities/initiatives to best showcase ROI.
- Contribute to the healthcare business development efforts for TogoRun.
- Participate in TogoRun marketing activities to further highlight agency’s expertise, integrated approach and client service model.
The ideal candidate will possess 7-9 years of communications or PR agency experience in healthcare, ideally working with clients in the pharmaceutical industry. Candidates should be somewhat of a “generalist” with cross-spectrum experience in multiple areas to include strategic planning, writing, media, HCP communications, patient relations, data/science comms, branded campaigns, and policy.
It will be important for the candidate to quickly assimilate into a complex disease space and understand the multiple nuances and dynamics associated with it. Success will depend on the candidate’s ability to continuously be able to assess the fast-changing landscape, connect the dots, and recognize opportunities to leverage company/product milestones/offerings, track record, and champions to distinguish both product value/performance and corporate leadership.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task are fundamental to succeeding in this position. Candidate must be a natural project manager with a proactive, innovative and positive attitude toward client service that carries over to the way he/she manages and inspires the team.
TogoRun is an award-winning global integrated communications agency focused on health and well-being with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, D.C., and London. In addition to being named among the 2017 Top Places to Work in PR by PR News, TogoRun has also been recognized by PRWeek Global in the prestigious category of International Agency of the Year for an unprecedented consecutive four years (2014: Winner, 2015 and 2016: High Commendation; 2017: Nominated). Our team also has received more than 220 industry awards for breakthrough achievements in health awareness, consumer activation, traditional and social media, public policy, CSR and measurement.
The agency’s client roster includes many of the world’s leading pharma/biotech, health tech, provider, non-profit and medical aesthetics/beauty companies. TogoRun is a wholly owned subsidiary of Omnicom, and a sister agency to FleishmanHillard with access to both Omnicom’s and Fleishman’s extensive international network of strategic communications, marketing and public policy advisors. For more information, visit www.TogoRun.com .
TogoRun is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V and mandates equal pay for equal work.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.